« Older   Newer »
Mis@-ch@n
view post Posted on 20/1/2015, 20:44

tumblr_nihqoyeHCE1tol07co1_250Nome: Emily Hainsworth
Data di nascita: -
Professione: -
Sito ufficiale: click
Biografia:
Emily Hainsworth è cresciuta nello Stato di New York e vive a Denver con il marito, un gatto e un cane."
Librografia/Opere:
→ Non lasciarmi mai

Questa è stata la mia prima intervista ad un'autrice straniera, ero cooosì emozionata! La Hainsworth si è dimostrata davvero gentilissima, anche perchè ci ha dedicato il suo tempo nonostante stia lavorando ad un nuovo libro ed ha persino una scadenza da rispettare! Per il momento lascio l'intervista in lingua originale, appena possibile vi fornirò la traduzione :D

Emily Hainsworth

1 • So... I looked for some information about you on the internet, but I didn't found anything in particular. May I ask you when you started loving books?
I think I started loving books as soon as I could read them. Books were magic to me growing up, they were places to escape to. I knew from a very young age that I wanted to be a writer so I could create stories like that for other people.

2 • Related to the job of the writer, how would you describe it? Do you think it's tiring (for example when you're under a deadline), it gives satisfactions, ecc?
Writing is exhausting. :) But it's very, very rewarding. There are days when I seem to spend every second working, and other days when no ideas come to me. But writing and finishing a book, taking it from the beginning to the end and ironing out all the threads to get a complete story is worth all the time and effort.

3 • Always speaking of writing, could you explain us how do you proceed when you write? Do you prepare any kind of scheme to follow or you write freely?
When I was writing my first book, Through To You, I wrote pretty freely without following an outline or any particular structure, but I had a very clear idea of how that book would begin and end. I do work from an outline on all my newer books and it does feel a lot more organized!

4 • I finished reading your book "Through to you" a week ago, and I personally found it very interesting, because it's got some paranormal elements that make it different from others books. Can you tell us where did you take inspiration?
The paranormal elements in Through To You are all based in science—there are theories that parallel universes like our own could actually exist. I simply took that theory and put my own spin on it, coming up with a reason and a way for Cam to travel between two worlds. As for the "green light” Cam travels through…that, and the title of the book, were inspired by the music video “I see right through to you” by DJ Encore.

5 • The character that I personally found the most interesting is Nina, because it's really difficult to understand if she's a good character or not, and you find out the answer just at the end. I also admire Nina's strenght and determination. Do you have a character in your book that you like the most or that has got a personality similar to yours?
Oh wow, I don’t think I could pick a favorite character! I love each of them, even the characters that are up to no good. Nina, Viv, and Cam are all very important to me, though I have to say since Cam is the main character, I felt especially close to him while writing the book. It was interesting to get inside his head and try to understand the world from his point of view.

6 • Talking about writers and readers, I saw your website and I could get in touch with you thanks to it. So I'd like to know if you think that the interaction of writer and reader it's important, and not just because the reader reads the book, but also because he's got the opportunity to contact the author.
I absolutely love hearing from readers and I’m so happy my presence online allows readers to get in touch with me from all over the world. Sometimes readers will ask a question or point something out in a book that I had never considered before. It’s so interesting to hear how different readers interpret the books I’ve written. I think it’s so special being able to connect this way.

7 • You're working for a new book. Are you going to try other genres or would you prefer to continue with paranormal/YA books?
I just turned in a new book, Take The Fall, and it is a slightly different genre than Through To You. It’s a YA book, but it’s a straight murder mystery. There’s nothing paranormal about it. That being said, I think the tone is similar enough, anyone who enjoyed reading Through To You will enjoy Take The Fall as well. At least, I hope so!

8 • Nowadays it's really difficult to become a writer because there's a lot of competition and also editors are more exacting, so many young people give up their dream to become writers. May I ask you to give them some advice?
I think it has always been difficult to become a writer. There are just different challenges today than there were 20, 50, or 100 years ago. One of the hardest parts of publishing is having the discipline to sit down and WRITE every day until you’ve written an entire book. But you will never become an author if you can’t do this, so it’s an important thing to practice. If you truly want to publish books, my advice is to keep writing, keep pursuing your dream, and do something—even a little thing—to work on it every single day.

9 • E-readers have been becoming popular for two years, more or less. What do you think of "electronic books"? Are they spoiling the sense of reading or they're just the signal of the society's evolution?
I love “electronic books” personally! I agree, reading electronically is not the same experience as turning the pages of a physical book, but it’s convenient and cost effective. My house is so crowded with books, I feel a little less guilty buying books on my e-reader because I don’t have to worry about storage. ;) I don’t think society is ready to give up physical books just yet. I think there will always be a place for paper and electronic books and it’s great to have both options.

10 • We're now at the end of the interview, therefore let's finish speaking of wishes. If you could meet or work with another author you admire (also writers as Tolkien or C.S. Lewis), who would you choose and why?
Ooh, wow. There are so many authors I would love to meet or work with. Maybe Charlotte Bronte or Emily Dickinson? Charles Dickens or Ray Bradbury might be fun too! I guess I’m not answering the question fairly, but it’s fascinating to see ANY other authors at work and they’re all so different and have impacted my own writing. It would be neat to see the differences in their writing processes.
Thank you so much for the interview, this was a lot of fun!

Thank you for being so helpful, I'm looking forward to reading your next book!

Edited by Mis@-ch@n - 10/2/2015, 14:06

Mis@-ch@n
view post Posted on 10/2/2015, 14:07

Aggiunta l'intervista in lingua inglese

1 replies since 20/1/2015, 20:44   63 views